Established by Action of the Board of County Commissioners dated March 4, 1952
The purpose of the Fair Board, as set forth by the BOCC, is to organize, promote, oversee, and financially account for the annual Montrose County Fair and Rodeo, negotiating fair-related contracts and conducting fair-related business and activities as deemed appropriate. The Fair Board will review and approve expenditures of fair-related funds budgeted, will collect fees as a result of fair-related activities and pay any invoices or expenditures submitted to and approved by the Fair Board for payment.
Each member of the Fair Board is appointed to serve a three year term. The Fair Board meets the third Tuesday of each month in the Friendship Hall Pioneer Room, County Fairgrounds, at 7:00 p.m.
Montrose County Board of County Commissioners recently updated the bylaws through resolution 50-2021. You can access the bylaws here.
To apply, please fill out the Montrose County Fair Board Application. For the initial appointment of Fair Board members, applications must be submitted to Christie Earixson at 949 N 2nd Street, Montrose, CO 81401, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 970-249-7761. For questions, please call Stoney Field at (970) 252-4358.
Members with terms ending August 31, 2023
- Matt Box
- Kelsey Klock
- Tammy Stroup
Members with terms ending August 31, 2024
- Chad Dunlap
- Raymie Suppes
- Cody Brown
Members with terms ending August 31, 2025
- Kim Wilson
- Justin Gleason
- Shawn McKinney
Fair Board Officers
- President- Chad Dunlap
- Vice President- Kelsey Klock
- Treasurer- Kim Wilson
- Secretary- Raymie Suppes
2023 Fair Board Committees
- Community Outreach, Activities & Education- Chad Dunlap (Chair), Shawn McKinney (Co), Raymie Suppes and Chris Cohick
- Vendors- Matt Box (Chair) and Shawn McKinney (Co)
- Jr. Livestock Auction- Cody Brown (Chair), Justin Gleason (Co), Tammy Stroup and Kelsey Klock
- Jr. Show- Cody Brown (Chair), Matt Box (Co), Kelsey Klock and Chad Dunlap
- Open Show- Raymie Suppes (Chair), Kim Wilson (Co), Matt Box and Tammy Stroup
- Sponsorship– Justin Gleason (Chair), Chad Dunlap (Co) and Shawn McKinney
- Ticketed Events- Kim Wilson (Chair), Matt Box (Co), Raymie Suppes and Justin Gleason
- Awards- Kelsey Klock (Chair), Cody Brown (Co), Tammy Stroup and Justin Gleason
- Root 2 Tip- Shawn McKinney (Chair), Tammy Stroup (Co) and Matt Box
Commissioner Caddy serves as the direct link between the Fair Board and the Board of County Commissioners. He is a passionate supporter of our local agricultural heritage and community. Commissioner Caddy served as a Law Enforcement Officer for Montrose Police Department for over 20 years.
4H Extension Agent – Jaime Goza