We are so sad that we will not be able to host 2020 Montrose County Fair Open and Little Kids Shows! Because of this we have put together the first ever Montrose County Virtual Open Show. We hope this will be a fun opportunity for the community to show off their special talents and have a little fun. We will be holding several contests with something for participants of all ages, for opening and closing dates, and descriptions see below. We will publish the top entries (per the rules noted below for each competition) on the Montrose County Fair & Rodeo website, the Montrose County Event Center Facebook page and the Montrose County 4H Facebook page. Winners will be announced on July 24th. Winners will receive Montrose County Fair Swag, a printable certificate, local fame and bragging rights. All entries should be emailed to: email@example.com, except Cloverbud Costume Contest photos which should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific rules for each competition are noted below in the post for each competition.
- The judges would particularly like to see entries incorporating or depicting this year’s Fair theme “A Family Affair”, but this is not required.
- One entry per competition per exhibitor.
- One photograph per entry, with the exception of cake decorating.
- To be considered entries must be submitted by midnight on the deadline for that competition.
- Entries considered offensive or unsuitable will be discarded.
- Entries appearing to depict any animal in distress or danger will be discarded.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- By submitting an entry you are agreeing to that image being posted on the websites and social media outlets noted above as well as its use in any other Montrose County or Montrose County Fair publications or promotional materials.
- Include the exhibitors name, the name of their animal (if applicable to the competition), a short description of the entry, and the name and contact details of the exhibitor (or their guardian if applicable), and the exhibitors age (if under 18) in the entry email.
- All images should be in jpg or png files.
Competitions are open to the public and exhibitors do not have to be 4H or FFA participants.